Critical. Subversive. Irrepressible.

AWOL

Critical. Subversive. Irrepressible.

AWOL

Critical. Subversive. Irrepressible.

AWOL

Magazine Release
The Magazine has been released!

Imagining the future

Welcome to the Hum, a storytelling podcast dedicated to bringing untold stories to your ears. We aim to be a space where people in and around American University can express themselves and their experiences. Our podcast is designed to take listeners through a full range of emotions, from laughter to tears.

For the Hum’s eighth episode, we turned our focus from stories about the past to dreams of the future.

We took the age-old job interview question “Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?” and gave it a bit of a twist. We wanted to hear about everything our peers envision on the horizon—their hopes, dreams, ambitions, fears and highest priorities for their life in their 20s and beyond.

As AU students, it can be easy to become lumped together as “policy wonks” all vying for a high profile job in the District. Through our conversations, we found four students who each have different mindsets, goals and philosophies toward their own ideas of “the future.”

If you think that you have a story worth telling, please share it with us at awolau@ gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

The Hum Podcast Team

For the entire story, check out AWOL’s Spotify or Apple Music channel.