AWOL Wants You

Alex Burchfield

AWOL is looking to expand its staff in order to help sustain the growth of our publication. Below is a summary of available positions. If you’re interested, please send an email to [email protected] with a brief description of your qualifications for the position, along with any relevant clips.

Staff Editors: AWOL staff editors make up the AWOL editorial board. They communicate with writers, propose article ideas, edit, and oversee the general direction of the magazine.

Web Editor:
The AWOL web editor will be in charge of content for our blog, which can be found at https://www.awolau.org/category/blog/. The web editor will write, edit blog posts from our writers, update the website, and help develop the publication’s online voice. Previous online journalism experience is a plus, but not required.

Event Coordinator: The event coordinator will communicate with speakers who come to campus via other student groups, organizing and potentially conducting interviews for our website. Ideally, the event coordinator will eventually organize speaking events on campus with local journalists, activists and intellectuals.

Communications Director: The AWOL communications director will seek out talented, motivated, and passionate writers amongst the AU student body through sustained relationships with professors, academic departments, and student organizations. The recruiting director will work closely with AWOL editors on the editorial process of the publication.